Lottery mechanics may vary in the specifics between draws. Always check the specific lottery announcement for the exact details relating to the draw you’d like to participate in.
The following mechanics are meant as a guide to help you get familiar with the overall process. While things like ticket numbers and draw times may change, the overall process will remain more or less the same unless stated in the lottery.
- 25 hours before the draw, the $DES price is fixed and snapshotting begins. If you’re staking $DES for a ticket, make sure you have enough for the tickets you want to claim.
- You can claim more than one ticket from each tier. This can be any combination of tiers, depending on ticket availability.
- 13 hours before the lottery, ticket claiming begins and lasts 12 hours. This includes tickets claimed by $DES stakers and tickets purchased using partner tokens and stablecoins.
- Tickets can be claimed from DeSpace at lottery.despace.app.
- Tickets are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. There aren’t unlimited entries, so you need to be quick to claim your tickets! Missed out? Don’t worry, you can always try again for the next lottery!
- The ticket claim closes 1 hour before the lottery. If all the tickets are claimed early we may decide to run the lottery earlier.
- Cross your fingers! The lottery takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete, after which you can see if you’ve won. Simply open the DeSpace app, navigate to your ‘My Tickets’ page and see if there is a claimable NFT there instead.
- The winners then have 12 hours to claim their NFTs at the fixed prices published by DeSpace.